[Tagging] housenumber on node and area

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon May 25 08:14:02 UTC 2015

> have a look at these housenumbers, they're 5 and 7 for this side of the
>> building (one big hotel), but the main address is from the main street
>> (front of the buikding) and is different.
>>
>> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-it/attachments/20150520/465c45fc/attachment-0001.jpg
>>

>> I'm not even sure whether both of these are doors or just one
>>

> need more info - Google streetview link?

Here you are, please also have a look at the opposite side of the road,
there is also a building with different housenumbers (because every
entrance is assigned a housenumber there, even if it's not an actual
entrance but a "possible" entrance (e.g. at some time in the past there was
an entrance)).
https://www.google.it/maps/@41.889945,12.498432,3a,75y,295.64h,97.03t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sFHbNr6r2HbfpCK-bhCoVRQ!2e0!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Please also note that there aren't necessarily "letterboxes", rather the
opposite, there won't be a letterbox if it is a lateral entrance (or even
window) which is not used as an entrance.

Cheers,
Martin