[Tagging] Deprecating wikipedia Tag

André Pirard A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Mon May 25 13:08:12 UTC 2015

On 25 May 2015 at 13:18, Thorsten Alge <lists at thorsten-alge.de> wrote:
> Since wikidata will be the center of all Wikimedia wikis it might be
> better to link to wikidata items instead of wikipedia article. Thats
> why I wonder what you think of deprecating the wikipedia tags (NOT
> DELETING any of them) and focus on wikidata tags
I already replied that I wonder what's the idea behind that enforcement.
Why wouldn't Wikidata be used "also" rather than "instead"?  Is it
really a goal of OSM insisting to destroy Wikipedia?
That suggestion sounds to me as bizarre as wanting to replace English
with French.

Everybody be happy,

André.