[Tagging] Deprecating wikipedia Tag

moltonel 3x Combo moltonel at gmail.com
Mon May 25 18:14:53 UTC 2015

On 25/05/2015, Andreas Goss <andig88 at t-online.de> wrote:
>> ikidata will always be playing catch-up to wikipedia, to
>> some extent.
>
> Can you just show me a single Wikipedia entry without a Wikidata object.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_map_projections
Ok, maybe that one doesn't count because it's kind of metadata that
doesn't belong in wikidata.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Campagne_(restaurant)&action=history
https://www.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=Q15207004&action=history
Hum, 2 months lag between data and pedia. Technically it proves my
point about the lag, but it isn't too bad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Whiddy_Island_Disaster&action=history
https://www.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=Q780440&action=history
3.5 years is worse, but maybe the import-from-pedia bot wasn't active
until recently ?

No time to look for more right now. Didn't find wikidata links on the
wikipedia articles, it would have made search faster. I admit the lag
is fairly short, and many pedia article that I didn't expect to find
in wikidata were in fact there.

Your confidence in wikidata indicates that you know it well, which
I've stated is not my case. If, instead of asking rhetoric questions,
you can shed light on some inner workings of wikidata that garanties
that all OSM-worthy objects with a wikipedia article will also have a
wikidata item (and vice-versa), I'd be happy to forget about that
imagined downside of wikidata compared to wikipedia.