[Tagging] housenumber on node and area

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue May 26 09:37:57 UTC 2015

>> Am 25.05.2015 um 17:53 schrieb pmailkeey . <pmailkeey at googlemail.com>:
>>
>> CONGRATULATIONS ! You win the award for the best puzzle of the year! It appears to be a loose numbering system for identifying entrances rather than properties.
>
> that's what I told you initially, you said tagging a node would be "wrong" and I replied it depends on the region. In Italy it seems they really associate a number to (most) entrances. Even more crazy, I have seen a number of places (different towns/villages) where the existing, old numbering  was changed (strike through of old, often stone engraved number and new number with paint or adhesive sticker). I cannot imagine any reason if not to deliberately create confusion ;-)

There are places in the world with 8 day weeks, 6 day weeks .. I'd not be surprised by a 5 day week!

And at least one country does not use 'the yearly calendar' the 'we' all do ..

So ... if  OSM is to be world wide it must allow for the interesting  'exceptions' by providing ways of entering and using the varied systems in use.