[Tagging] Future of categories (was: Re: Deprecating wikipedia Tag)

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Tue May 26 18:06:09 UTC 2015

I think we need a separate instalation of wikibase on our wiki. No need to
fork wikibase. Then we can organize our tags in categories, subcategories,
relations to outside data like wikidata and so on.

Not only that, but make that wikibase a sort of an API to our tags. For
example, if a data consumer wants to render all places where you can get
food (restaurants, fast foods, convenience stores) it would just link a
category named "food places" to an icon and that would be it. No need for
everyone to understand all the possible tags that our database has.

Janko

uto, 26. svi 2015. 16:56 Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> je