[Tagging] "Pet Relief Areas"

pmailkeey . pmailkeey at googlemail.com
Tue May 26 23:06:30 UTC 2015

On 26 May 2015 at 07:33, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

>  On 26/05/2015 3:23 PM, Marc Gemis wrote:
>
> based on http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Animal
>
> On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 6:59 AM, Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2 at obviously.com>
> wrote:
>
>>  While the names are confusing, the concepts seem to be:
>>
>>  1) Hitching racks for temporarily restraining a dog.
>>

>  no tag yet
>

> Hitching rails .. not racks?
> none for horses yet .. so
> amenity=hitching_rail
> hitching_rail=horse, dog,

The function is akin to car parking and bicycle parking. Sticking with that
theme, we'd get dog parking and horse parking. A sign labelled 'dog park'
tagged as dog parking has obvious links but the to tag a dog park sign with
'hitching rail' breaks the similarity - a similarity that would be
language-independent on the basis that the 'park' part appears in both. It
might be appropriate to go for:

amenity=animal_parking
dog_parking=yes
horse_parking=no

so that animal parking that accepts different sized animals can be tagged
at one node with the use of subtags.

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property
& pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>