[Tagging] Future of categories

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Wed May 27 15:13:11 UTC 2015

sri, 27. svi 2015. 09:45 Daniel Koć <daniel at koć.pl> je napisao:

W dniu 26.05.2015 22:35, Tobias Knerr napisał(a):

I don't understand what you mean exactly: just a service without
Wikimedia data to use our own, or with a copy of Wikimedia objects
(one-time or synchronized somehow maybe)?

 Wikibase was made as an addon to wikimedia, so we can just add it to our
own wiki. Our wikibase can have objects that represent certain key/value
combinations, and they can have their wikimedia article, or not. A  lot of
tags have pages, but in our wikibase we can have tag combinations, for
example shop=furniture + name=IKEA. Then you connect that object with a
Wikidata object. You can also use those objects as editor presets.

There are many possibilities.