[Tagging] Removal of "amenity" from OSM tagging

pmailkeey . pmailkeey at googlemail.com
Fri May 29 02:06:01 UTC 2015

On 29 May 2015 at 02:54, John Willis <johnw at mac.com> wrote:

> > On May 28, 2015, at 4:52 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > while "man_made" covers technical structures and facilities (like
> factories, chimneys, flagpoles, lighthouses, silos, ...).
>
> If there is one big change I would like to make it would be to greatly
> reduce the scope of man_made=works.
>
> Most factories are buildings, So building=industrial (and so on for the
> office, etc) And landuse=industrial for the area the factory sits on.
>
> For the giant gas refineries which are a giant tangle of pipes and tubes
> and everything taking up huge amount of space without a specific building,
> man_made=works seems appropriate.
>
> Currently,  building=industrial +landuse=industrial has usurped
> man_made=works completely.
>
> Javbw.

I'm not sure a refinery would even be a 'works'. 'Industrial' seems fine to
me.

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property
& pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>