[Tagging] dock=tidal

715371 osmu715371 at gmx.de
Fri May 29 10:20:27 UTC 2015

I would like to make the decision based on the usage of a dock.

Such dock=tidal would never be used to pump the dock dry, but to keep a
fixed water level, I think.

Then the usage of dock=drydock would be associated to the purpose of dry
docks.

At Bremerhaven the structures which are described by dock=floating are
tagged different. They are tagged as building=dock, floating=yes,
type=floating_dock, waterway=dock. This is some double tagging, but
still, I do not like type=*. So IMO it is a bad example for tagging dry
docks.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/174504404