[Tagging] housenumber on node and area

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Fri May 29 10:43:09 UTC 2015

On 2015-05-29 11:58, pmailkeey . wrote:

> On 29 May 2015 at 07:34, Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl> wrote:

>> Only Royal Mail think Chepstow is in Gloucestershire, England. Normal people think it is in Monmouthshire, Wales. This is the correct postal address:
>>
>> 1 Bigstone Meadow
>> Tutshill
>> CHEPSTOW
>> NP16 7JU
>
> And as expected, no mention of county or country - which RM just don't use. I'm not sure why you say RM thinks it's in Glocs since it's a Welsh PostCode.

The house is in Gloucestershire. RM say it is in Chepstow, which is in
Wales, but according to RM this bit of Chepstow is in Glocs.

>> (by the way, I picked this address arbitrarily from the internet. I have friends in Tutshill (which is why I am aware of all the gory details here) but not at this address)
>
> My aunt lives in Norfolk. Her postcode is Peterborough, Cambridgeshire.

Which just emphasises how confusing it all is. Peterborough is not in
Cambridgeshire from an administrative perspective - it's a Unitary
Authority, within the Ceremonial County of Cambridgeshire which lives on
in people's minds and through the office of Lord Lieutenant. So is your
aunt's house in Norfolk, Peterborough or Cambridgeshire? The answer is
"all of the above" - it depends on your perspective.

 --

Mike.

@millomweb [2] - For all your info on Millom and South Copeland
via THE AREA'S PREMIER WEBSITE -

CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE DUE TO ONGOING HARASSMENT OF ME, MY FAMILY,
PROPERTY & PETS

T&Cs [3]

[2] https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction
[3] https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail