[Tagging] man_made=works

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Sun May 31 20:28:46 UTC 2015

W dniu 31.05.2015 20:07, Marc Gemis napisał(a):

> I think good presets in the editors are much more important than any
> proposal to move something from one top level tag to another. Only in
> case there is a problem to extend the schema (e.g. drinking water and
> water), it is worthwhile to discuss a change.

+1 - of course, for everyday mapping I use presets and I love them!

But lack of a clear system is also common, everyday fact of life for me
too. Many things are not-that-typical, similar-but-not-really-the-same
(for example in my city many people had a problem to recognize such a
simple thing as what is supermarket, mall or department store!) or
simply not-in-presets. One has to choose blindly between "railway halt"
and "railway station", because no safe, more general type is available -
nor easy to create (like "railway + stop place") or whether some POI is
shop or rather craft, just because there are "compulsive" "top-level"
tags (while it's less important than the subject itself).

I would like to have common presets system synchronized between editors,
Wiki pages and default rendering somehow, at least. But that would be
still just a quick fix for today, while I think we'll grow outside the
western countries (big scale problem) and deeper into micromapping
(small scale problem) in a few years and we're not really prepared for
it.

down" [A. Cohen]