[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - aeroway=heliport

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 06:53:23 UTC 2015

sent from a phone

> Am 01.11.2015 um 14:39 schrieb Dave F. <davefox at madasafish.com>:
>
> In my city there's a corner of a recreation ground that used to land emergency helicopters for the adjacent hospital. No other facilities, not even a 'H' painted on the ground. Helipad is the perfect tag & is rendered in Mapnik & other renderings.

I'm not convinced that the perfect tag for this place is helipad. If there is no H-painting and (like I understand you), no lights or any other signs, I'd not use the helipad tag. Are there vertical signs for people (s.th. like: careful while helicopters land / no access or similar) near the spot? What makes this spot a helipad then in your eyes, helicopters landing frequently?

cheers
Martin