[Tagging] How to tag a "overhead electronic display" ?

Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 2 07:05:33 UTC 2015

I also liked the traffic_sign=variable, but now I think

we have to separate those traffic_signs from pure informational

displays showing e.g. temperature, wind, or other weather conditions, as well

as traffic status (traffic jam, tunnel closed,free parking places and so on)

from those which will always show a speed limit.

I think the first group is not a traffic_sign=*, it is information=*

For the 2nd group traffic_sign=* is appropriate, maybe like this?

traffic_sign=speed_limit

speed_limit=variable

AFAIK, in Germany, those traffic_signs are only used on major

roads (motorways, maybe trunks).

Gerd