[Tagging] Decorative flower fields? (not as a crop?)

johnw johnw at mac.com
Wed Nov 4 12:47:57 UTC 2015

> On Nov 4, 2015, at 8:52 PM, tomoya muramoto <muramototomoya at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> to a flower field grown naturally (not planted by man). Is it appropriate?

AFAIK that a natural open area of grasses is natural=grassland.
If it is a bit taller stuff, possibly natural=scrub ( like the 1m tall green plants growing along roads in Japan, for example.

If it is a field of crops or stuff, like grasses or hay or something, it is a landuse=meadow.

Do those flowers grow in such quantity to make a mappable *natural* field? of all that one kind of flowers?

the Mizubasho looks like it grows when cultivated in a swamp or something (per google image search).

I have seen a few growing naturally on Mt Akagi (I think), in streams/places with water.

Where are you trying to map them? I’d love to visit a place with big fields of them growing naturally!

most of the flowers shown here on this page ( I randomly found ) are in fields that seems to be very man-managed, or possibly fallow farm fields.

http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/kisono3/colony/colony-e.htm <http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/kisono3/colony/colony-e.htm>

But some of these would be the flower field tag we are discussing.

some of the flowers growing naturally seem to be forest floor coverings.
http://previews.123rf.com/images/whitetag/whitetag1310/whitetag131085326/23683697-clumps-of-katakuri.jpg <http://previews.123rf.com/images/whitetag/whitetag1310/whitetag131085326/23683697-clumps-of-katakuri.jpg>

I have no idea how to tag stuff on the forest or wood floor, which some of these natural groups seem to be.

Javbw