[Tagging] How to tag a fence made with metal bars?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 18:51:36 UTC 2015

sent from a phone

> Am 05.11.2015 um 19:10 schrieb Georg Feddern <osm at bavarianmallet.de>:
>
> All your examples are just ' metal' - because - in my opinion - the pictures for 'bars' and 'wire' are just wrong.
> Under 'wire' I would understand some simple wire (one or more horizontal) between the poles - wire like in 'electric'.
> Under 'bars' I would understand some simple 'bars from metal between the poles - like the horizontal poles in the wooden 'pole' example.

metal is very generic and more a material than an actual fence type, chain link wire, perforated sheet, barbed wire, horizontal bars, vertical bars, expanded metal, ...

I suggest to be quite specific at this type level, because barrier=fence is already generic. For the material without any more detail we could use fence:material rather than a type tag

cheers
Martin