[Tagging] Tagging airport approach aid systems

Brad Neuhauser brad.neuhauser at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 19:10:26 UTC 2015

Hi, I've been the person updating the aeroway=navigationaid wikipage over
the past year or two, so I messaged geozeisig about the "Please use
airmark=beacon instead" banner. It sounds like the German OSM community
came up with the airmark=beacon scheme, and it is more fully documented on
the German version of the page:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:Tag:airmark%3Dbeacon

We agree it would be good to come up with one scheme if possible, rather
than parallel schemes. I've put together a table comparing the schemes at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Tag:aeroway%3Dnavigationaid. Any
input there or on the tagging list is welcome!

Thanks, Brad (neuhausr)