[Tagging] Named junctions

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 04:30:05 UTC 2015

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 11:47 PM, John Willis <johnw at mac.com> wrote:

> Traffic_signals_area was an attempt to solve this, but as this isn't an
> issue in Europe, it was ignored.

Thanks a lot John for this explanation (which I left out of the quote) of
the Japanese needs.
However, I do not see why the "ignorance" of the non-Asian mappers should
stop the Japanese community from making a tagging schema that works for
them (without voting, etc.). They probably have to make their own map
rendering for it or propose a pull request to be included in cartocss.

So please, talk to the Japanese community and set up something that works
for them. Do not get discouraged because there is no interest from another
group of mappers in another country in this tag.

regards