[Tagging] Proposal: Sunset ref=* on ways in favor of relations

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 12:49:04 UTC 2015

>OK, well, in JOSM at least, using the Relation Toolbox is snappy simple

You cannot be serious, Paul. There is a relation here in Thailand, a
super-relation?, that I've been wanting to edit for months. It has three or
four relations, provincial, 2 wood multipolygons, and a river) sharing ways
along an international boundary. Trying to separate one of those wood
multipolygons (so it can be split into smaller chunks) from the rest is
something that will take hours for me to do. It's so tricky, even with the
powerful Relation Toolbox, that I've simply ignored it because there's too
much other work over here that has a higher priority.

I don't want to continue this discussion ad nauseum because this list isn't
the place for it. We'll have to agree to disagree and just move on. Someday
when I have plenty of time maybe I'll try making some suggestions to the
people that develop tools for JOSM.

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska
Chiang Mai, Thailand