[Tagging] Sidewalk Tagging for Routing

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 08:58:40 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 9:38 AM, Gerd Petermann
<GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com> wrote:
> One of the problems that is not well solved is the switch
> between both tagging schemes. When I start to draw
> extra ways for the sidewalk, where do i stop this and how
> do I connect the sidewalk with the main road?

same problem exists for cycleways (cycleway=track on main road or
separate way with highway=cycleway)
In those cases I draw a virtual cyclepath from the node on the main
road to the parallel cyclepath.

Another problem I have is how to connect a cyclepath/sidewalk on a
T-junction. Do I add a short cyclepath, or do I connect the crossing
street with the cyclepath ?