[Tagging] boundary relations and the subarea property

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 18:51:46 UTC 2015

I just noticed that a lot of boundary relations have the lower ranking
parts included as members with the "subarea" role.
This role is documented here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:boundary

But I wonder how it got on this definition page. Was this discussed
anywhere? I don't think it's a good idea to add all those lower entities in
nested relations (they are already spatially structured, this is redundant
and makes the relations more complicated for no good reason).

I propose to remove this property from the definition page and move it to
the talk page.

Comments?

Cheers,
Martin