[Tagging] bicycle=use_sidepath applicable to bicycle lanes?

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 11:30:23 UTC 2015

Martin, one of the purposes of my detailed mapping (attempts) is that I
want to produce a map that can be used to improve the cycling
infrastructure in Padova and also to collect data that improve routing for
cyclists. When you try to do that you realise al kinds of inconsistencies.
You mention the discrepancy between the law and the reality on the roads,
but when you are involved in an accident, it's the law that counts. That's
why I want to insert formally correct data. I cannot map the fact that most
cyclists even don't know that, by law they have to use certsin types of
cycleways (and not others).
Practical example: on one of the main bicycle traffic thoroughfares of
Padova (which happens to be the street with the second highest number of
serious accidents in town) they provide a (mandatory) cycleway which in
many places is only one meter wide and also often obstructed by trash
collection containers and fallen leaves. The map should contain that data
(the trash container and the leaves go into a separate crowdmap).