[Tagging] waterway=penstock to complete pipeline tagging

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 16:02:39 UTC 2015

sent from a phone

> Am 05.10.2015 um 15:19 schrieb Christoph Hormann <chris_hormann at gmx.de>:
>
> There is no practical difference
> if a pressure tube is directly cut into rock or if there is a
> concrete/metal lining/tubing.  So IMO man_made=pipeline is appropriate
> for all of these

I m not sure whether you could call a rock-cut tube a "pipe". Typically a pipeline would suggest someone installing pipes, not drilling rock. (I might be wrong here, as English is not my mother tongue and I'm not an expert in civil engineering, but on first glance pipeline sounds wrong there)

cheers
Martin