[Tagging] waterway=penstock to complete pipeline tagging

Fran├žois Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 18:43:15 UTC 2015

> I have tagged many of these water tubes here in the Po valley, mostly in
> connection with pumping_station. Tagging: man_made=pipeline and type=drain
> (today I would map them with "substance" instead of "type")

Hi Volker,

The problem I see here is that both type=* and substance=* give what
is carried by the pipeline (water, gas, oil...) not how it flows
inside or not how the pipeline is built. Type=drain isn't consistent
with the reviewed wiki.
That's why type was replaced by substance in the last extension proposal.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/PipelineExtension#Commonly_Used_Substances

All the best

Fran├žois