[Tagging] new access value

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 6 07:18:31 UTC 2015

Exactly my point - the actual definition of what is allowed and what is
forbidden is a whole lot more complex than a single word on a sign.

Let's not forget that OSM is only a model of reality, which means it
will contain approximations of the truth. IMHO "access=destination" is
probably enough for the majority of usecases for motorised traffic, but
non-motorised traffic (foot, bicycle, horse etc) may need explicit
tagging. If one wants to be more specific, one has to reference the
traffic sign which indicates the access conditions/restrictions, with a
reference to the article of law with the full definition.

//colin