[Tagging] Shop values review

johnw johnw at mac.com
Thu Oct 8 14:09:46 UTC 2015

> On Oct 8, 2015, at 6:54 PM, Tom Pfeifer <t.pfeifer at computer.org> wrote:
>
>>     > printing - copyshop?
>> if they don't offer "copying"? Copyshop would seem wrong in these cases.
>
> There is a clear difference in a shop that provides copiers
> and maybe some laser printers, compared to the trade that
> does offset printing and large-scale digital printing, cutting
> and book-binding.

A printing shop would make large format poster prints, or other large scale “promotional” materials - usually more professional or B2B purposes than a copyshop. When you get brochures professionally printed on a press and perforated and trimmed - it is usually in a warehouse with a 1M wide guillotine trimmer - but you walk in with a CD and get your 20 boxes brochures printed.

It also might cover art reproduction printing shops. My friend runs a business that only prints large format paper and canvas prints for artists to sell. It is totally not a copy shop.

Javbw