[Tagging] How one may tag object as castle?

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 03:29:38 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 11:11 PM, John Willis <johnw at mac.com> wrote:

> This historic places map has a list of castle types,
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:Historical_Objects/Karteneigenschaften
> There is "Shiro" in the list, which is marked a Japanese Burg.

Sorry for the confusion, the wiki page was always up, the website with the
map is down.

> Its up now and I looked through it.
>
> I take it "berg" is German for castle?

AFAIK burg is the German word for castle (with u)  the defensive style, see
the picture under burg on that page. Berg  (with e) is mountain.

regards

m.

p.s. I only know some German from holidays and police series, so perhaps
Martin or someone else can confirm this ?