[Tagging] How one may tag object as castle?

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Wed Oct 14 09:47:53 UTC 2015

If you ever see the disney castles - espcially the original in California - they may be steel a  reinforced structure, but it is an office building/hotel building styled as a castle. The outside is fiberglass/reinforced decorations to look like a castle. It is also very foreshortened for viewing from the bottom - the top "stories" are about a meter tall - again meant for decoration, not use.

The plastic rollercoaster styled as a steam train is not a historic railway, and big thunder mountain nor space mountain are actual mountains. It is a castle in name only.

The castle is an theme park attraction, like all the other things there.

We should have a subkey value for amusement/attraction castles then if they are included.

Im not sure about hearst castle. I drove by it, but i have never been.

I went to a wedding in St augustine, Florida. I'm was in a "castle".  A guy built a 5 story castle out of cinderblocks near the beach (in the 1980's AFAIK) and rents it out.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Castle+Otttis,+103+3rd+St,+St+Augustine,+FL+32084/@29.956373,-81.306473,3a,75y,160h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s55ROF5CtGTdR7LShCmS5YQ!2e0!4m6!1m3!3m2!1s0x88e6825775df7f4f:0xc2a183178b276027!2sSt+Augustine,+FL!3m1!1s0x88e4267a7119a3a1:0xea6401cd73574f0c

This is more of a castle than the one in the California Disneyland, though I'm not sure either of them should be tagged as a castle, unless there is some tag for a modern replica or something.

Javbw