[Tagging] RFC key:oven - a tag to add details about a kind of oven

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Wed Oct 14 11:49:54 UTC 2015

Volker Schmidt wrote on 2015-10-14 13:06:
> In this context:
> What about stand-alone ovens, like this one:
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/375213024/
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Brotofen_in_Gr%C3%BCnreuth.jpg

man_made=kiln
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:man_made%3Dkiln

> I suppose they are separate category, but should be mentioned in the proposal.

Yes, the proposal is more about the cuisine refinement of pizza making.
There we might need to distinguish the construction principle (e.g. stone oven)
from the fuel (wood/gas/electric), thus we need two tags.

fuel=* in cooking context is already used with amenity=bbq, however fuel directly
on a restaurant node would be confusing as it does not refer to the oven type anymore.

tom