[Tagging] power=* tag: minor_line vs. line

David Marchal penegal at live.fr
Thu Oct 15 12:59:41 UTC 2015

Thanks for the full story, Lauri. I understand now why the subject seems so sensitive to some. I retain from your story, if I correctly understood it that:* the current usage of minor_line/line is the one I previously suggested: use minor_line for lines mainly on poles and line for lines mainly on towers, with a tolerance if a line occasionally uses something different;* the problem of this modelling, which bothers some, is that it leads to a fuzzy modelling from a technical, power network point of view, because it doesn't reflect the actual usage, voltage or any technical characteristics of the power line;* the current usage of minor_line/line is nevertheless retained as it is a perceptible, beginners-friendly distinction, allows easy rendering, and as other essential characteristics, as voltage, number of cables or tower/pole shapes are already managed by other tags, even if some others, as the distribution/transport distinction, isn't modelled.
Am I correct?
Regards.