[Tagging] Unmarked opening hours

Craig Wallace craigw84 at fastmail.fm
Sat Oct 17 01:45:34 UTC 2015

On 2015-10-17 01:59, Dave Swarthout wrote:

> Agreed. Why would you add a tag when you don't know a value to assign? N
>

> In addition, concerning the signed:opening_hours=yes/no, there is no
> need to assign more tags to describe a lack of information about the
> first one.

The point is, it is useful information for surveying.
eg if I see a shop missing an opening hours tag, I would want to visit
it, to check what the hours are. But if they are not displayed anywhere,
then that survey trip is a waste of my time and effort.
If I know the hours are not signed, it means I would have to use other
methods, eg ask the staff, or phone them up, or check their website etc.
Or sit there all day, and watch what time it actually opens...