[Tagging] waterway=penstock to complete pipeline tagging

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 19:24:35 UTC 2015

Hi Colin,

Ok let's follow the analogy between a pipeline and a route.
In OSM, it is surely a relation linking several ways together.

Two questions :
Do you mean that any covered man made water diverting and transport
facility would correspond to a pipeline ?

I don't know how to use the OSM accordingly : man_made=pipeline hasn't
been designed to fit on relations.
How will we deal with "route" pipelines and pipeline ways separately ?

Furthermore, what is the difference which we should consider between
drains (waterway) and pipeline (man_made) ?

All the best
François Lacombe

fl dot infosreseaux At gmail dot com
www.infos-reseaux.com