[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - aeroway=heliport

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Tue Oct 20 17:23:40 UTC 2015

The voting for this scheme is now closed and according to wiki rules (
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposal_process#Approved ) it's now
approved:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/aeroway%3Dheliport#Voting

Thanks for all the voters for taking their time to do it!

I have created/changed all the necessary links and pages, including main
feature page:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:aeroway%3Dheliport

If you see something missing or needing more care, please let me know
(or just fix it yourself).

***

Now the most interesting part for me - we've just decided it's good to
have such a tagging scheme on board, but currently there's no even
single use of it in our database:

http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/?key=aeroway&value=heliport

I guess most of the heliports are tagged as aeroway=aerodrome (some
other are probably aeroway=helipad) and we should start changing these
aeroway=* values, but I'm not sure what is the best way to do this
effectively. Maybe mass edition would make sense? On the other hand such
operation makes such schemes to look less "valid", which in return makes
rendering it on standard style less probable. This is also the habit of
using some high enough number of uses (like 1000) to verify that the
scheme really took off - see my comment here:

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/pull/1806#issuecomment-149636346

I wonder how we should deal with such (unusual) situation.

down" [A. Cohen]