[Tagging] Heliport tagging

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Wed Oct 21 09:18:52 UTC 2015

W dniu 21.10.2015 0:14, johnw napisał(a):

> How do we handle military Heliports?
>
> If I change the main tag to aeroway=heliport, then the subtag of
> aerodrome=military is broken, right?
>
> Wouldn’t we need a heliport=* subtag to replicate this
> (heliport=military) ??

As far as I understand this problem, it's not yet properly resolved. On
the aerodrome page type=* key is stroked, however type key page doesn't
contain any discouraging notes on this, and both pages refer to
aerodrome=* proposition (by Jgpacker). But when you read it, you'll find
that this construction is not mentioned there:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Aerodrome#Tagging_a_military_aerodrome

So currently we have type=military advised on the aeroway=aerodrome page
and military=airfield/landuse=military on aerodrome=* proposition page.

It would be good to make aerodrome=* proposition complete and voted to
have more reliable tools for tagging airports. We could even add
heliport=* there as a special kind of airport to make them coherent as
one would expect.

down" [A. Cohen]