[Tagging] post_box:type values, meter in particular

John Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Wed Oct 21 23:30:02 UTC 2015

U.S. Post Offices used to have separate collection slots for stamped mail
and metered mail (postage printed on it by a machine), but it is several
years since I last remember seeing such. The only American usage for the
term "franked mail" that I am aware of is that members of the United States
Senate can send mail without having to pay postage. They just have to have
a notice, in the same location where postage would otherwise go, that the
mail was sent by Senator X on official business.

John F. Eldredge -- john at jfeldredge.com
drive out hate; only love can do that." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.