[Tagging] Buildings mixing residential and commercial use

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 11:56:19 UTC 2015

sent from a phone

> Am 31.08.2015 um 22:38 schrieb Daniel Koć <daniel at koć.pl>:
>
> Current Simple 3D Buildings specification basically tells to slice the buildings with building:levels=* and building:min_level=*, so we better use this notation.

yes, kind of like this is the way. I must admit that I don't support the levels and building:min_level combination idea, building:levels should be the amount of levels for the object it is tagged on, not a difference between assumed floors below and a min level tag.

Let me illustrate this with an example: there is a building with 7 floors where the floors 4+5 are a building part to be tagged, the simple 3d model would ask to add
building:levels=6 on this part (which is actually only 2 storeys) together with building:min_level=5 (shifted by one due to the ground floor). I don't find this particularly intuitive and reject especially the concept of adding a building:levels=6 tag for 2 floors (you can figure this out only when looking at more than one tag at once). This even gets undefined in case of bridge buildings with different amount of levels below each side (different terrain or storey height) or split level buildings below (unclear amount of storeys).

cheers
Martin