[Tagging] Proposed mechanical edit: surface=soil to surface=dirt

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Thu Sep 3 05:28:08 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 3:33 AM, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Is there some method to automate finding who introduced tags? Doing it
> manually would not be worth the effort. On the other hand - running
> script to detect users (and/or relevant changesets) may be a good idea.

Yes.
I find the stuff in taginfo, then load it in overpass turbo, export to
JOSM, and
use this dialog : https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/11413
That's a patch I wrote for JOSM that takes the current selection, and
counts up the users who make edits.

There are definitely other ways of doing it.
If I'm correcting typos with a mechanical edit, and I see a few users that
dominate the ratings,
then I'll send them changeset notices.  My rule of thumb is if it seems
like one off mistake, I don't bother.
If it seems like a pattern, I reach out.