[Tagging] a "letter box" for books

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 23:29:02 UTC 2015

On 7/09/2015 5:46 AM, Philip Barnes wrote:
> On Sat, 2015-09-05 at 14:04 -0400, Andrew MacKinnon wrote:
>> On Sep 5, 2015 2:01 PM, "Carl von Einem" <carl at einem.net> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm looking for some ideas how to tag a feature I saw at a local
>> library: just outside the entrance it has a box that can be used to
>> return books and other media like CDs or DVDs, no matter if the
>> library is still open or not. It looks like a huge letter box, no
>> receipt returned.
>> amenity=book_return is what I used. Every library has one.
> Its something I have never thought to tag, all libraries I know of have
> them.
>
> I would see it as a sub-tag of the library itself, hence
> amenity=library, out_of_hours_return=yes (or no).

I know of two libraries that have no return chute.

While a sub tag would identify the capability .. it would not identify the location of the chute.
I'd rather see a separate node with the tag amenity=return_chute .. can be used for any feature with a return chute -
library for books, cds, dvd, video rental firm, anything with a return chute.
Some return chutes have operating hours too.