[Tagging] New proposal: Obligatory tagging of oneway on motorway_link

Joachim noreply at freedom-x.de
Sat Sep 12 15:43:20 UTC 2015

> Though I agree in principle with the idea of making tagging more
> explicit, how big of a practical concern is this? i.e. how many times in
> the real world is motorway_link a two-way road?

This is quite common in some parts parts of Europe. Here an Overpass
Turbo link which covers south-western Germany, Switzerland and parts
of France. The are 186 motorway_link ways with oneway=no:
http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/bp5
An usual design of a motorway exit in Germany has a shared section
near the lower road and then splits up nearer to the motorway (shaped
like a "Y").

Regards, Joachim