[Tagging] Semi-detached houses: undocumented iD preset

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 10:34:37 UTC 2015

sent from a phone

> Am 18.09.2015 um 09:47 schrieb Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org>:
>
> I'd say the same applies to houses. Whether something is one half of a
> double house, or semi-detached, or terraced, or free-standing - isn't
> that something that I can automatically determine by looking at the
> nearby mapped buildings?

you can only infer this if you know some details about the typology of the parts (residential building, one "main household"), otherwise two buildings (=yes) attached to each other could be any kind of constellation.

We do tag the difference of single household residential buildings from multi family buildings, we do even differentiate between  terraced houses and detached houses, where is the redundancy if we describe a building as semi-detached_house rather than as detached_house, in cases where it applies?

cheers
Martin