[Tagging] Adding floor location information

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Wed Sep 30 04:24:48 UTC 2015

Directions, address, and spatial location are all 3 different things- and one may not help the other.

Routing, lookup (and mailing), and the placement of pins / polygons cover these three different ideas.

Routing to a pin may not correspond exactly to the mailing address, nor the explicit floor be good routing information (floor 200 is not useful for "450" on the skytree, nor level=1.5 useful for mezzanine).

This means that the spatial location - even in 3D - my not be practical information, nor the (correct) address lead you to anything but a loadinng bay or front door.

But the other metadata of the shop: its opening hours, what it sells, and what floor it is located on in the giant mall (2F) may be very useful to display.

In some places, that may be covered by floor=*, in other places stipulated in the address (addr:floor=*), but still others as irregular metadata for the shop - hence my suggestion of floor:ref=*

Javbw