[Tagging] Masts vs Towers yet again

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 17:41:41 UTC 2016

yes, we should not tag everything that is called tower in natural language (like those antennas) as man_made=tower
(e.g. these: http://www.zeropage.de/misc/sell/at-tower.jpg
or these: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5b/Power_Tower_(1).jpg
or these:
http://www.englishecoenergy.com/wind-power-horizontal_vertical.jpg
etc.)

Those are all completely different kind of towers and giving them the same main tag doesn't make sense.

Apparently "lattice mast" is a very specific term for structures on warships:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lattice_mast
and the rest of vertical lattice structures is either called pylon or tower, so for these antenna supports I think I'd use man_made=antenna and maybe some subtag to specify the kind of support if you want to

cheers,
Martin

sent from a phone