[Tagging] highway=service major type sub-classification - mini vote

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 06:23:26 UTC 2016

> sent from a phone
>
>> Il giorno 21 apr 2016, alle ore 00:00, ael <law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com> ha scritto:
>>
>> Maybe we can agree that it means vehicle
>> access possible, even if that is not always the local understanding.
>> But it needs to be stated on the wiki page if that is agreed.
>
> as we are talking about a highway=service, vehicle access is clearly implied.

But not necessarily for all vehicles.

Some are for the service of the building/s located adjacent to the ally and
may exclude motor vehicles other than those making deliveries or picking up goods/people.

Physically highway=service should have a width and surface suitable for vehicle use, the intention being that it is suitable for motor vehicle use.

A path may not have the width to allow a vehicle.