[Tagging] Proposal for standardization of sidewalk schema (+ import)

Meg Drouhard mdrouhar at uw.edu
Mon Aug 1 21:35:14 UTC 2016

Hello,

Our team is proposing a standardization of sidewalk tagging conventions in
OSM to simplify pedestrian network annotations and better represent the
physical reality of sidewalk ways.  This proposal is particularly concerned
with features of sidewalks that may aid or impede travel for people with
limited mobility.

Our schema proposal is available here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/sidewalk_schema.

You can also read more about our project and group here:
www.opensidewalks.com.

Through the Imports list, we are also proposing to jump start sidewalk
annotation by importing open municipal data from the city of Seattle (
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Seattle,_Washington/Sidewalk_Import).

We appreciate any feedback you may have either through our discussion pages
or by email <info at opensidewalks.com>.

Thanks,

Meg Drouhard