[Tagging] Tagging of larger surfaces for rendering and routing

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 06:08:24 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Il giorno 14 ago 2016, alle ore 23:24, Stefan de Konink <stefan at konink.de> ha scritto:
>
> Personally I find highway=service, surface=grass, area=yes appropriate for the camping site but not when it rendered as paved road.

are we talking about a lawn which you can walk on, but where people could also set up their tents on? In this case I wouldn't consider highway=* appropriate, because you can't camp on a way. Think a soccer field, leisure=pitch and sport=soccer. You can walk on it obviously, shall we add highway=pedestrian and area=yes to it?

Similarly for an amenity=parking or a leisure=park. Or a lot of other things (landuse =forest, natural =beach, etc etc)

cheers,
Martin