[Tagging] overtaking traffic_sign

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 22:36:04 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

just noticed that someone has put a list of human readable traffic sign values in the wiki, what I generally appreciate.

I believe there is an issue with the value "overtaking" which shows a "no overtaking" sign (according to taginfo this value is ~300 times in use, while no_overtaking is only used once).

For reference, this is the sign in the wiki:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Zeichen_276.svg

and this would be the logical replacement for the "overtaking" value:
https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/Road_signs_of_Germany#/media/File%3AZeichen_280.svg

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:traffic_sign#Human-readable_values

What do you think? Can we replace the picture? Should we suggest to use traffic_sign=no_overtaking for the currently displayed sign?

cheers,
Martin