[Tagging] [Talk-us] Freeway exit tagging

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Fri Aug 26 13:41:25 UTC 2016

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 8:19 AM, yo paseopor <yopaseopor at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think you can specify the information you know instead this information
> is not explicit written on the road. So for me , in my opinion it is better
> specify through or whatever will be the direction that none or   |" "
> (blank) or something like that.

Agreed.  If you know (either by regional context/knowledge or by markings
visible) the turns, go ahead and tag it as the explicit direction.  I
suggest the "none" tag be used for lanes that don't go anywhere for some
reason (rare, but consider a permanently closed lane) and a null answer
when it's not clear which way the lane goes (armchair mapping in an
unfamiliar region, for example).