[Tagging] Roads with no speed limits

Michael Reichert nakaner at gmx.net
Sun Aug 28 20:02:33 UTC 2016

Hi Hans,

Am 28.08.2016 um 21:35 schrieb Hans De Kryger:
> Here in Phoenix Arizona more than half the freeway off ramps have no listed
> speed limit. Does (maxspeed=none) work? I've worked hard here in the valley
> adding speed limits and when you look at the ito map it looks like no one
> added any to the off ramps when in fact most of them have been surveyed and
> they have none. How to tag them?

maxspeed=none means that there is no speed limit neither by signs nor by
any law. Therefore the speed is only limited by the power of the engine.
That's the speed limit on the motorways in Germany which have no signs. [1]

Best regards

Michael

[1] If a motorway in Germany has "no" speed limit, there is an advisory
limit of 130 kph.