[Tagging] cave_entrance. ref and name

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 19:08:33 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Il giorno 29 ago 2016, alle ore 20:25, Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny+osm at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
> . I find that I wind up creating multipolygons for my own sanity, even where I could create a compact polygon by tracing adjacent ways. I'm much more comfortable splitting a shared way than I am tracing an adjoining polygon that shares hundreds of nodes, and find the process LESS error-prone, because I'm not going to skip a node inadvertently.....
> Don't get me wrong. I'll use a polygon where a polygon will do the job...

+1, I agree completely with what you explain, I'm also working like this when mapping landuse, landcovers, natural and leisure areas, and other similar areas, I was referring to a special cave relation type, that was proposed to represent caves and to map cave entrances to them (i.e. a kind of site relation or at least a similar relation type).

cheers,
Martin