[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Government offices

Matthijs Melissen info at matthijsmelissen.nl
Mon Feb 1 18:59:41 UTC 2016

On 27 January 2016 at 14:40, Andy Townsend <ajt1047 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have no idea why you have included:
>
> amenity=register_office (1044 instances)
> office=administrative (8807 instances)
> office=register (137 instances)
> office=tax (354 instances)
>
> on that page, without any suggested detailed tagging.  Information will be
> lost if people change e.g. "register offices" to be merely "government
> office".

There is new tagging in the proposal. It is, respectively:
- office=government, government=register_office
- office=government (with correct admin level)
- office=government, government=register_office
- office=government, government=tax

> As an aside, when I looked at "office" use in the UK a month or so ago while
> trying to work out what to render as what, I came up with this list:
>
> https://github.com/SomeoneElseOSM/SomeoneElse-style/blob/master/style.lua#L1421
>
> Obviously that's a much wider net than you're looking at here, but there are
> some synonyms in there you might want to think about.

Thanks. I think the proposal takes some of these values into account
already. I don't think the others necessarily need to be included in
the currrent proposal.

-- Matthijs