[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Discourage tourism=gallery

Matthijs Melissen info at matthijsmelissen.nl
Mon Feb 1 23:03:02 UTC 2016

On 1 February 2016 at 22:17, Max <abonnements at revolwear.com> wrote:
> Those are clearly museums, not galleries and they are correctly tagged
> as museums. Sorry to say this, but that sentence clearly shows OP has
> not understand what a gellery is. The wiki pages for tourism=gallery,
> and shop=art do explain nicely what the difference is between those.

Thanks for your useful comments.

I'm not sure if I fully understand your explanation. How would you
categorize the following examples:

* http://www.mudam.lu/en/le-musee/la-collection/currently-at-mudam/
* http://www.whitewallgalleries.com/
* https://www.bcee.lu/en/Discover-BCEE/Discover-BCEE/The-'Am-Tunnel'-art-gallery

I'm not sure if I ever saw an art shop of the type you described. Do
you have any example of these, perhaps a URL?

-- Matthijs